Thursday, January 20, 2011

Letter to Sodapop

Dear brother, Sodapop. It’s me Ponyboy. I miss you a lot. I am writing to you about what happened the night I ran away. I know you are worried but I’m fine.
When I ran away that night, Johnny and I ran to the park. I had no idea what I was doing. Johnny calmed me down and I decided to come back. We started to walk when a blast from a car horn made us both jump. The blue mustang was circling the park slowly. Five Socs got out of the mustang and started to walk towards us. It was Randy, Bob and three other Socs. I ducked and tried to run but the Soc caught my arm and twisted it behind my back. Then the Soc shoved my face in the fountain. I fought, but the hand behind my neck was too strong. I though and wondered what was happening to Johnny. I held my breath too long. I couldn’t hold it anymore. Then a red gaze filled my mind and I slowly relaxed. The next thing I knew I was laying on the pavement beside the fountain, coughing water. I pushed myself up and leaned against the fountain. Johnny was sitting next to me. He was a strange greenish-white and his eyes were hunger than I’d ever seen them. Bob, the handsome Soc was lying there in the moonlight, doubled up and still. Johnny had killed Bob. After a while we ran because the police was going to be there soon. We needed a plan to get away and a gun to protect us. We didn’t have any idea how we were going to get the gun. Dally was the only one who could provide us the gun and the plan. So we ran to Dally’s and got the guide. After that we got on a cargo train and according to the plan, we got off at our stop, which is Windrixville. We are staying in an old church right now.
I might come back home, but I am not sure yet. The police think that we are headed to Texas. So obviously we are not going to Texas. I have no idea where we are going next. We can’t stay here either because the police is going to be here soon. I’ll inform you when I get more information. Keep in touch!

Sincerely,
Ponyboy Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment